Sunday, April 19, 2015

PPA248 Sketch Challenge - Mother's Day

Every so often I go over to Pals Paper Arts Challenge Blog so see if there is some fun I want to participate in. This challenge, PPA248, is a sketch challenge. I decided to use it and make a Mothers Day card.




I think if I did this over again I would change the way I coloured the "Irresistibly Yours" DSP by perhaps adding very small amounts of additional colours. The yellow idea isn't quite right.

Since Blendabilities are not available, I experimented with using my Stampin' Write Markers to colour my stamped image. You can't blend the colours, but it works creating a style of colouring that reminiscent of impressionism. The trick is to leave just a bit of white here and there. I love how the colouring turned out.


Because I currently do not have a Mother's Day sentiment stamp, I took the Project Life Journaling Pen and wrote it out on a vellum banner.


You might want to hop on over to the PPA248 challenge to check out all the other entries! There some wonderful ideas there!

I plan on making more Mother's Day cards for you as some inspiration, in part because I'm not 100% happy with this card.

Thank you for stopping by to have a peek today. ONLY 4 DAYS REMAINING to register and pay for one of the Stamp of the Month Card Classes!

http://www.stampinup.net/esuite/home/sabradcreations/events?month=5&year=2015

Happy stamping!



Built for Free Using: My Stampin Blog




5 comments:

Michelle Gleeson said...

Your coloring is stunning - WOW. I love every bit of this card. Thank you for playing with the Pals this week.

Papercraft Boutique said...

So beautiful and elegant! I love the background leaves sponging, and nice touch of pearls.

Patti MacLeith said...

Sabrina your card is gorgeous! Those flowers almost look real. Thanks for playing at PPA!

Unknown said...

Such a gorgeous card! Love your coloring. With your handwriting, who would need sentiment stamps... good job! Thanks for including the PPA in your stamping fun this week!!

Katydid Cards said...

I actually like the yellow in the card. I wouldn't change a thing.