Wednesday, December 9, 2015

Another Flurry of Wishes Christmas Card

One of my favorite Christmas stamp sets is the "Flurry of Wishes" set. I've always been a sucker for those snowflake stamps! They're just so pretty! Today I'm showing you a card that is filled with them.


I used the double snowflake stamp and inked one flake with Lost Lagoon and the other with Smoky Slate, occasionally switching colours. I then placed a piece of Vellum in exactly the same size as the Whisper White over top.

Next came the creation of the layered snowflake medallion, which you see close up below.   


I had a lot of fun playing with the Sequins and Rhinestones to embellish around the medallion.

You can see the side view next, and notice that the only dimensional pop up was given to the Silver Glimmer Paper on the medallion.


Originally, I had planned to used the snowflake you see on the inside of the card, below, for the front medallion. But, I messed up the embossing powder on it and realized it might be too dark against the Silver Glimmer Paper. So when working on the inside of the card, I figured out how to use the snowflake after all and covering the little bit that did not heat emboss well.


Sometimes a mistake can turn out to be something that you can use in a way you never thought of!

So wonderful of you to take the time out of your busy December schedule to have a peek.

Happy Stamping!  



Built for Free Using: My Stampin Blog




Find out which 2015 Holiday Catalogue items will soon be gone! You have until January 4th to purchase RETIRING products while supplies last!

Here is the link to the Holiday Retiring List.




No comments: