Sunday, April 17, 2016

FMS Challenge #232 - Vintage Leaves Bundle






Entering a challenge today, just before the deadline! Freshly Made Sketches has a very simple sketch for challenge #232, and I decided to keep it very simple as well. Making cards for others, you should keep in mind their style, and that is why I decided to use the FMS #232.

You should hop on over to see some of the beautiful cards there by both the design team and those participating. Some great inspiration!

For the next few cards I'm making I will be using the "Vintage Leaves Bundle". I finally got it! Love this set of leaves and the coordinating dies.




I used the sentiment from "Enjoy The Little Things". It too is a set I really like to use. The Olive Green mat for the sentiment is about 1/64 of an inch. What? Yup, it just didn't look right until I was able to trim it down to this. Sometimes a mat border has to be narrower than you think to look right.


The leaf is popped up with one layer of dimensionals, and the sentiment strip is popped up with two layers of dimensionals. You can see that in the photo below.


One thing that is really bothering me about the card is that the Old Olive cardstock doesn't match well with the Old Olive ink I used to stamp the leaf with. I've noticed lately that the last batch of Old Olive cardstock is off from what it usually is.

For the inside, I of course stamped a few leaf tips in the corners.



I really like these two colours together. Remember to have a peek at the cards at Freshly Made Sketches! And thank you for stopping by today.

Happy stamping!










1 comment:

Karren said...

This is beautiful! I love how you've used the leaf. Thanks so much for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches.