Sunday, May 8, 2016

First Sight Mothers Day for a Friend 3

HAPPY MOTHERS DAY LADIES!

HOPE THAT YOU ALL HAVE A WONDERFUL DAY! Despite it's challenges, being a Mom is wonderful! Whether you have children, or not, you are a mother when you teach, nurture, help and serve others. It's all under motherhood.....

I wish the photos would better show all the gold embossing on this card. But I've certainly had a lot of fun making these last three cards with the "First Sight" stamp set. I did make a mistake on this card, however. I had wanted to use the words within this stamp set to read "I Love Mother Forever". I just forgot when I was applying the Versamark to the stamps.


On the bottom layer of white I scored from behind to make a frame at 1/4" all the way around. The I punched the four little hearts using the "Itty Bitty" punch set, and scored another line over the hearts to create a frame around them.


For the sentiment piece, after heat embossing the gold sentiment, I again scored a frame from behind at 1/8" & 1/4". It looks great!

In the next photo you can see how I popped up the layers.


In the corners I gold heat embossed and had in mind to stamp over with the Rose Red. I kinda messed up the inside a bit. I meant to off stamp the Rose Red first, and forgot. Then I went and accidentally smudged the ink before it dried!


Thank you for having a look at the Mothers Day cards of the last three days.

Card Base - Rose Red - 4 1/4 x 11 (5 1/2)
Whisper White - 3 1/2 x 4 3/4
Rose Red - 3 x 3 1/4
Whisper White - 2 7/8 x 3 1/8
Inside Whisper White - 3 3/4 x 5

Be sure to stop by tomorrow, for a posting of one of my classes for the JUNE Scrapbook Parade Crop classes. I only have one to show for now, because I'm waiting to for my order of the new catalogue product to arrive when I get back from the wedding. I will make something new from them and then post the rest of the classes.


Happy Stamping everyone!












No comments: