Thursday, June 9, 2016

Helping Me Grow - Tall & Skinny

I have said before that I love this size of card, whether it is tall & skinny, or short & long. In thinking about a card design for today, I chose this size and to go mostly white. You can tell that I played with the length of the stems for the flowers in the back.


In order to do that, I stamped the foreground set of flowers first on a 1 7/8"w x 8"h strip, and matted on a 2"w x 8 1/8"h piece of white. I then stamped the full bloom onto the edge of a Pot-It note to be sure to get the sticky backing and then cut it out. Placing it over the stamped flower, I then stamped the top portion of the flowers behind it and then the stems stamped the fullest length I could get, without too much of the top curvature of the stems and lining them up the best I could, below that same flower. I also stamped onto scraps the blossoms and buds again.


After creating the background with the Timeless Textures, I used my Aqua Painters to colour in the stems and flowers on the background and the second set of flowers, cutting them out afterward.

In the photo below you can see the flowers and buds are popped up with dimensionals.



I forgot to complete the inside of the card, but should you case this card, I'm sure you will know how to do that yourself. The product used in the making of this card is found below.

Thank you for having a look today, and I hope that you are inspired to create a card in this size (4"w x 9 1/4"h) or to play with the length of your own flower stamp stem lengths.

Happy Stamping!







Extra Stampin’ Rewards!

For the month of June, you can get $40 in Extra Stampin' Rewards when you host a stamping event with $400 or more in sales. That’s more money you can use for products in the new annual catalog, and you know there are PLENTY of new products you’ll want to bring home. Remember, Stampin’ Rewards can be used on a Starter Kit, so this is a great time for you to sign up with me!





 Details
  • Hosts who have qualifying events with $400 CAD or more in sales during the promotion period (June 1 - 30) will receive $40 CAD in Extra Stampin’ Rewards for the order.
  • Hosts may participate in this promotion multiple times by hosting multiple events, but each event must qualify on its own.
  • Customer, workshop, and online orders qualify for this promotion.
  • Qualifying orders must qualify with merchandise prior to shipping and tax.




1 comment:

tonilea said...

This is super lovely Sabrina. Elegant and understated. I don't have that set but may be able to figure out a way to do it in a similar fashion with stamps I already own. The new catalog certainly has some MUST HAVE stamps. My friend is a SU rep and I do my best to make her quota!!!