Thursday, August 4, 2016

Thoughtful Branches - Autumn Kindness


I'm back to the "Thoughtful Branches" stamp set today, with an Autumn theme. There are some lovely sentiments with this set, and today's card has the sentiment inside, which you will see later.

Let's talk about what I did, shall we. I started with Watercolour paper and using the Aqua Painters I washed a sky and ground with Soft Sky and Old Olive.


Once it was dried, I stamped the treetop several times with different colours. Each time I stamped I off stamped first starting with the Old Olive, then the Pumpkin Pie, and twice with the Delightful Dijon. I then decided I needed a little more green and stamped one more time with Old Olive, off stamping first. This gave a full treetop with the colours of Fall.


When stamping the grass on either side of the tree, you will find a natural break in the grass pattern. I inked one side and then the other to stamp on either side of the tree trunk. This avoids getting the grass stamped through the trunk. You could also mask the trunk if you so wish. I added more grass to the front/below the tree filling in the green washed area.

I love using the 1/2" or 3/4" circle punches for ribbon or Linen Thread (or twine). It helps with tying, and gives a more interesting look.


You can see from the photo below, that the only things that I popped up with dimensionals, are the birds that I stamped and cut out. Sweet little birds....and I love how there are two different birds facing opposite directions.


I said earlier that we would get to the sentiment inside. I had prepared to use it on the outside, there the Pumpkin Pie oval mat. However, I changed my mind when assembling the card, and decided there was no reason that I couldn't use it on the inside even with the die cut pieces. Lovely sentiment, isn't it.


So that's it for today's card. Hope you are inspired to get this limited edition stamp set. Remember it is only available until August 31! Tomorrow I plan to show you another Christmas card made with stamp set and using nontraditional colours.

Happy stamping!








Stampin' Up! has another surprise for us, an exclusive, limited time bundle! Available only from August 2nd through 31st!







1 comment:

Marianne B in AZ said...

I always enjoy your cards and today's is really nice. I'm a hobby demo and I waited until I could order from the holiday catalog before I ordered this set. So, mine just arrived today. I can hardly wait to play with it tomorrow! I'm going to go back to look through your blog to see what else you have done with the set. I may have seen it on SC already, but it will be nice to have good ideas in my head when I fall asleep in the next half hour =)