Sunday, October 9, 2016

Happy Thanksgiving! - Lovely as a Tree



HAPPY THANKSGIVING!

Who says that thanksgiving cards have to use the traditional brown, gold, orange and green colours? My Dad (a retired chef) is having a few people over for Thanksgiving dinner. It will be the first one since Mom's passing, and I'm happy that he is doing this. You can imagine the beautiful spread it will be. I decided to make everyone attending, as well as for a few friends, Thanksgiving cards. I decided to use some of the colours in my Dad's home for the cards, rather than the traditional ones. So I chose Sahara Sand, Marina Mist, & Mint Macaron. There is a lot of antique cream and gold in his home too, but I chose to not use those colours.

Any way, here are the 10 cards I made yesterday. I also made a dozen other cards that will be revealed at a later date.


The larger view below, shows that I used my Aqua Painters to apply ink refills to my stamp, and then stamped. I then cut the 4" x 5 1/4" piece I had stamped. I cut just over 1 5/8" from the bottom, then cut off 1/8", cut just over 1 5/8", cut another 1/8" piece off, and was able to pop up the strips as you see here, below.

I was thinking of tying some Linen Thread vertically, on the left, around the middle panel, but it was getting so late last night that I decided not to take the time to do that.


I didn't have a Thanksgiving sentiment that was current and wanted something other thank Thanks or Thank You, so I turned to my retired Lighthearted Leaves from 2015's Holiday catalogue.

For the inside, I just stamped the oak leaves with Mint Macaron.


So there you have my Thanksgiving card for this year. Hope that all my fellow Canadians will have a wonderful Thanksgiving Day on Monday. And for all my US friends, you will have time to create your Thanksgiving cards, still, and I wish you all a great Thanksgiving in November.

Happy Stamping Everyone!









October 1 through 31 , you can buy three packages of Designer Series Paper and get one free! That’s great news since everyone can use more Designer Series Paper. This sale includes Designer Series Paper from both the annual catalog and the recently released holiday catalog (not including Specialty Designer Series Paper or Designer Series Paper Stacks).

Take advantage of these specials for all those Christmas projects you are planning to work on, or gift some lovely supplies to family or friends that love to craft and create!



No comments: