Thursday, October 13, 2016

Travel/Trip Planner - By the Shore DSP



Hello everyone!

I recently had a class at Scrapbook Essentials BC, where we created a Christmas planner. I always mention different uses for a planner besides for Christmas. And when I mentioned a Travel or Trip planner, I knew I had to make one using the "By The Shore" DSP and share with my Stampin' Up Customers and friends. Because this planner is for planning a trip, I had to use a retired stamp set. My apologies if you want to order it.

There are a lot of photos showing this planner, so I will not have something to write with each photo, just to keep the post from getting too long.




When first opened, you find a note pad on the left, and a page flap on the right.




The page flap opened. This is where I would place a trip planning check list.


Flip the next section to the right to reveal pockets containing tags and folders.


Close up for the 3 x 4 card I created with the retired Project Life "Let's Get Away" stamp set.


Another 3 x 4 card where I stamped in the center, and using a Stampin' Write Marker, hand wrote my background text.


You see the folder taken out of their pockets, here. I would attach in side one a planned itinerary, and in another a list of places you want to visit.


On the tags pulled below, I would attach on one side a calendar that you can write on (day, week, or month depending how long your trip is), and on the other side a "To Do" List for planning what is on the calendar side.


When you fold open the last panel of the planner, it will look like this, revealing a receipt & ticket stub envelope.


Close up of the stamped 3 x 4 card.


Close up of the 'receipt & ticket stub' envelope.

Close up of the 3 x 4 card.


Envelope flap opened.


The planner all closed up again.


You know that I created this for a Christmas planner, and adapted it here as a Travel or Trip planner, but you can also adapt it as a Wedding planner, a Family Reunion planner, and so on. You could also use this as a photo folio rather than a planner!

If you are wondering about the planner pages to print and attach on the pages, folders & tags, just search fro free printable planners for Christmas, Wedding, Travel, Trip, Family Reunion, etc. Or, you can create your own! You will need pages for the smaller planner, not the full sized 8 1/2 x 11.

If you are interested in making your own version of this, I do have the instructions for sale. Because the file is rather large, I can not send it as an attachment in an email and can only send you a link to the PDF instructions to download and save, through Adobe PDF Services. So that is what you get when you order the instructions to this project, just a link.









Instruction Options
If you have any questions, I'd be happy to answer them. Just email me.


Thank you for stopping by today, and hope you are inspired to create some lovely Christmas gifts like this project.


Happy creating!












October 1 through 31 , you can buy three packages of Designer Series Paper and get one free! That’s great news since everyone can use more Designer Series Paper. This sale includes Designer Series Paper from both the annual catalog and the recently released holiday catalog (not including Specialty Designer Series Paper or Designer Series Paper Stacks).

Take advantage of these specials for all those Christmas projects you are planning to work on, or gift some lovely supplies to family or friends that love to craft and create!


1 comment:

Donna said...

What a great and fun project; awesome! Thanks for sharing, Sabrina! :)